Come explore all our Fitness program has to offer!
Our state-of- the art Fitness Center was noted as the first center in the United States to have TechnoGym inclusive line equipment accessible to both able bodied and disabled exercisers featuring weight training machines, flexibility stretch machines, and kinesis all-purpose 360 degree range of motion training equipment. Our Fitness 55+ center is open 7 days a week from 5:00am to 10:00pm with memberships available for non-residents. Our center is staffed during business hours by highly qualified degreed certified personal trainers specializing in fitness programs for older adults. Our complete Fitness Center includes free weights, weight machines, treadmills, exercise bikes, Nustep machines, flexibility stretch machines, and more. Please contact our staff and schedule a tour!
- Exercise classes - Choose from a wide variety of classes to improve balance, strength, and endurance. Featured programs are Tai Chi, mat Pilates, or water aerobics. Membership for Non-Residents includes access to the classes.
- Group activities - Many Residents and Members enjoy competitive and sociable sports, both indoors and out, including shuffleboard tournaments and Wii, offering fun, interactive computer exercise games.
- Enclosed Swimming Pool - Located in the center of campus, this heated pool is open year round and features lap swimming and bars for regular Aquacize classes.
- Spa and Whirlpool Tub - Located adjacent to the swimming pool, this indoor spa is a great place to soothe your muscles after exercising.
- Senior Olympics - St. James Place serves as a local sponsor of this event, and many residents participate at the local, state, and national level.
- Walking – Take fitness outside by enjoying a scenic walk about our 52-acre campus including a well maintained lake trail.
- Massage Therapy – Schedule a massage with our licensed massage therapist and enjoy the relaxing benefits of massage therapy designed to meet your individual needs.
- Personal Trainers – Schedule a session with one of our certified personal trainers who can assist you in focusing on those areas most important to you.
Health Insurance is Accepted!
St. James Place welcomes any plan whose provider has fitness center benefits and designates St. James Place Fitness Center as a participant. Please check with your provider to see if your plan allows you access to St. James Place Fitness Center.
We are glad to be a provider Fitness facility for People's Health. There is no charge for members who have their health insurance provided by People's Health.
Call (225) 490-3429